Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Thank You

We're heading to the hospital shortly.  Bless the sweet friends who told us to come and stay anytime we needed too!  We thank each of you for your notes, cards and calls.  We know we are surrounded by prayer and that means so very much to us.

Harpist gave me a little card she'd put together during the past week.  She loves to journal and write poetry.  Ah, the benefits of homeschooling, how a child can go from hating poetry to writing it and composing music in less than four years is a journey fascinating to watch as a parent!

Here is the poem she wrote:

Everything is Weighed

Everything is weighed and measured,
By God who sees all things.
And however we are tested.
He holds us beneath His wings.

To us He says "Of courage be,
You will I contin'lly lead,
The book which is now closed to thee
Will you some day open and read."

So on earth we dwell with tears
Perplexed with many a trial
But in spite of pain we know
Christ will be with us every mile.

So in the land without a blight
Only joy and peace and rest
Bow'ing before Him with all sight
We'll exclaim, "Your way was best."

It's time to go where I do not want.  But I know that my Lord walks with me and I praise Him for His grace and trust that He knows best.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friends,

    Thanks for the posts - I read them with interest!! I enjoyed Harpist's poem very much, too. :)

    You are still in surgury as I write; we just joined for special prayer for you. We'll look forward to hearing the next update!!

    Oh, and we want to know if the lake you went to on Sabbath is the one we're thinking of! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete