Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow Showers

Snow, snow and more snow. It's finally looking like winter up here. The Inventor and Cat Lover decided to spend one night in their igloo. It was 5 degrees out, but inside it was in the 20s. They had a grand time fulfilling one of their dreams. Harpist and Rocket preferred the cozy warmth of their own beds. Me too!

Recovery is going well, more good days than bad. Sunday, I finally had that long talk with a dear friend who is a 9 year cancer survivor. Her story is one of amazing perseverance and God's blessing. I came away from that conversation with conviction I have much more research to do. I cannot go on with life as it was from a health perspective. She also confirmed our experience that the tough times draw committed partners closer together and strengthen the bonds of that special relationship. They've been through a bunch of tough times and it's wonderful to see what God is doing in their lives.

I also had a chance to catch up with a local cancer "sister" who is an amazing lady. I look forward to meeting her one day soon. She inspires me to realize that life will go on, and to never forget the work of those who've gone before us. Those who made the kind of care we received possible.

Monday, I was feeling a lot more stable on my feet and clear headed as I backed off more of the pain meds during the day and the effects of anesthesia continued to wear off. I even walked outside a little but it is too cold here for me to risk much outside time with my lungs. I need to play it safe for a couple more weeks.

Tuesday was obviously a great day. Dr. H took my 2 chest drains out and it didn't really hurt. She just snipped the stitches and slid them out. The freedom from tubes and drain bulbs made me feel better! The good news was the best. By the time we were 2/3 of the way through errands. I was exhausted. I don't remember much of the rest of the day, except that coming home it was snowing really hard.

Wednesday, between my Tuesday trip and a new med the doc gave me to try, I was wiped out from early am until about 4:30 pm. I've never had that experience and I won't repeat that med again. What works for one, does not work for another!

Thursday, I slept off and on most of the am and was awake enough to enjoy the visit of a friend in the afternoon. It was so just to catch up.

Friday I managed to stay awake all day, a first since surgery. I homeschooled from my recliner took a walk to the gate with DH and tried to help in little ways as the children prepared for Sabbath. It was also my first full day off all narcotic pain meds. Hooray!

This morning, pain woke me early,so I moved back to my recliner and I've enjoyed a precious quiet time with the Lord. Today we will fellowship with friends, I will chose to rest this afternoon while the young people do something active. It will be a pleasant Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment