Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Of Sunshine and More Snow

Well the Doc Report is posted...so what else is recovery like during week three?

This week life is more interesting, or I'm more interested in taking part in it. We've had sunshine and snow this week and I've been walking in both. DH or one of the children takes me for my exercise. No one wants me to fall. Harpist and I saw what we believe to be the tracks of our resident, bunny hunting fisher one day. On another day Rocket and I watched a sage grouse waddle off through the woods. We admired her neat tracks and how she slid down the snow bank on her tummy. Our Momma moose with calf came calling again in a thick snow storm. It's so fun to watch junior wade around in snow up to his tummy.

With the help of a sweet friend, I also prepared my first meal. Afterwards, I repaired to my chair for the afternoon! But it was great fun to give Harpist a break. Together with friends, we pulled off a surprise for the children that the "Family Bureau of Investigation" failed to pick up on. They were beside themselves for 2 hours with the suspense of it all. It gave them a break from dealing with my cancer and recovery. That was a blessed day! The memories will last longer than my pain and stitches. As a parent, you know life happens and children will need to adapt,shoulder responsibilities and deal with hard issues. But we try not to forget they are kids too.

The children are very good at telling me what I'm not supposed to do. Personally I think they enjoy the shoe being on the other foot for once. I enjoy their helpfulness when they see something I need or when I need something done.

We are homeschooling,the children are doing chores. Oh an aside...to the dear friend who wrote and said she could just see our four children quietly and efficiently buzzing around while I directed from my chair.... I laughed. Let's be real, they are doing their work and school, and doing well at being helpful and cheerful, but it requires self surrender to the Lord. That is a daily and at times moment by moment process. We work, we encourage, we sing, we pray, but still there are moments that one member or another deals with the I don't want toos, do IIIII HAVE toos???? Or any other self centered attitude common to all of us! Learning to work together and help each other out is a blessing for all, particularly when this active MOM can NOT do what she normally would. DH and I are learning to encourage, motivate and foster positive attitudes like we never have before.

It's Friday evening now, the house is quiet, Sabbsth has come. I've read stories to Cat Lover and Rocket until I can read no more. Tomorrow our group will meet here for church and lunch. We are ready thanks to the work of the children!

No comments:

Post a Comment