Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Exercise Time

Ok, the calendar says 3 weeks ago today I had surgery. That means, according to Dr.H's notes that I should start range of motion activities. Exercise is not my favorite word, BUT I intend to follow orders carefully. My actual range of motion isn't as bad as I feared it might be. I still have a ways to go but it will come. I have four resident "physical therapy bosses" and one coach. Two of them exercise me twice daily, and they all monitor my arm motion exercises multiple times daily and demonstrate with maddening ease where I need to be.

Hey, I will count my blessings, my left side which was where the sentinel node biopsy was done has as good or better range of motion than my right side and I'm right handed.

The "therapists" are a bit leery about my taking on more activity around the house. So I do my best to assist for a bit and then leave them to their newly mastered domains. Hey, why take back over responsibilities when they are doing well and it leaves more time for me to teach, coach, plan, encourage, exercise and recover. I think I'm being spoiled and I'm lovin it!

Still working on getting back in bed. Did most of the night last night in bed, but didn't sleep much. I usually sleep very well, so that was unusual. It was a good time to pray and I'll probably sleep much better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment