After recovering from last weekend's outing, we gratefully stayed home. Traveling to town multiple times almost every week for 2 1/2 months gets old quickly. Recovery continues to go well. Regular exercise reduces my swelling under the arms an added benefit of regaining mobility. Twelve weeks of exercises should improve my upper arms too! I've still had some discharge from a portion of one incision. After a careful review of my instructions, I called Dr. Ns office today. The PA is wonderful, I emailed pics and she told me there is one small area where the skin is still not completely closed. You would probably think my incisions look terrible, but she thinks they look great and I agree, after all the other clinical photos I've seen. Whew, even though I didn't have classic symptoms, we were both concerned about infection. Thank You Lord!
I'm enjoying 2-3 walks a day. Different ones take me for my exercise and it's fun to look for animal tracks. So far this week,we've seen moose, coyote, rabbit and mountain lion track on the driveway. DH and I enjoy walking together at the end of a day. We return home about sunset and if it's clear, we take in gorgeous views of the mountains across the valley. Making time for these walks is well worth it!
Cancer, if you let it, helps you savor the moments you have. I am blessed with a good outcome today. I'm told my tomorrows look bright. I do not take my future for granted. Cancer is UGLY, just in case you hadn't heard. We have family and friends who walk this road, some will live to tell their stories,for others the path is less clear. None of us knows what tomorrow holds. DH and I each lost a member of our family this week. It's a time for reflection, a time to make life special for others, to brighten the journey of one who struggles.
I appreciate the little things more, an email from a friend, a note,a smile, sweet helpfulness, a great memory, a good laugh. I'm also reprioritizing my days, mornings are spent in the recliner. It's the time for tutoring the math challenges faced by Inventor, or grading a pile of writing assignments from Harpist brings a quiet joy. Rocket requuires assistance with reading and english as he squirms and bounces on the sofa beside me. Cat Lover needs the proverbial "kick in the seat of his pants" to do his English. Together, we discovered the wonders of Komodo Island with its pink beaches and huge dragon lizards. I'm contemplating ways to make English and Grammar 3 dimensional for boy minds. HMMM. As Cat Lover was bemoaning the parts of speech, we pulled put the Legos and illustrated the importance of having more than one type of block, particularly if you wish to build something interesting...like a cherry picker.
The work is getting done without me. Rocket loves to be in charge, what better way to do that than to authoritatively order Harpist out of the kitchen so he could be in charge of fixing lunch. Not bad for a nine year old. Harpist appreciates the assistance, but is a tad leery of turning the reins over entirely. Cat Lover creates wonderful breads and cookies when required, his love of accomplishment almost outweighs his dislike for chores! Inventor makes our soy milk and Rocket makes the margarine..as long as I clean the blender.
I read some of my posts to the family for the first time tonight. They all rolled their eyes at their nicknames, but they all wanted to know what I'd said about them. Harpist played several favorite arrangements of hymns. Sabbath arrived on quiet feet. We rest from our labors.
No comments:
Post a Comment