Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Doc Report

This week was Appointment Week yet again. Inventor took me down, as DH had travelled the road on Monday and found it challenging. No one wanted me to overdo. It was a wise decision. The 10 mile stretch through the canyon was inundated with snow. When we pulled over to take some pictures, the snow on the road was up to the headlights of the 4WD.

My plastic surgeon's office is delighted with my recovery. They dropped all restrictions and gave me the green light to do whatever I want, so long it doesn't hurt, for the next six weeks. Hooray! I will see them the middle of April and my second OP surgery will be schedule at that time. Then it will be six more weeks of Silvadene creme and dressings. Hopefully that will all be done by Harpist's birthday backpack trip. She's planning a 24 mile weekend adventure I fear.

Dr. T, my naturopath, is happy with what I'm doing, after reviewing everything she's recommended some additional items to keep in my cancer fighting arsenal. Which means more research for me.

The garlic and honey continues to flow. Inventor says to tell our MI friends their experiment really works. The house REEEEKS. I've declared all raw garlic off limits tomorrow as church is going to be here. Cat Lover and Rocket are well on the recovery road. Harpist is using peppermint poultices on her face and charcoal poultices on her ears. They seem to be helping more than meds. I've threated to take her picture, but she gives me that look. The cats love her peppermint poultices so much she made each of them a mint pillow. You'd have thought we'd given them catnip. It's been hilarious to watch.

Since I have a six week break, I've decided to use it to focus on postings more reflective in nature and to update portions of other pages on this blog. Look for a weekly posting on some aspect of this process. DH and I originally decided to start this blog so everyone who wanted an update could get one easily. It has worked so well! It's also been therapy for me. Thank you for reading my therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment