The wild rose, has always been one of my favorite flowers. I love it's delicate beauty in the woods surrounding our home. My desire is to be cultivated by Christ, so that I may become a reflection of His beauty.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Surgery update
Well my Dear Hubby's alarm went off at 3am yesterday morning. I just rolled over and groaned. He asked me what time my alarm was set for. I said 4 am. I figured I could get up and be ready to go in 30 minutes! Anyway, we did get up and were on the road by 4:15. I had time to leave a long list for each child and a note to say I loved them!
We were in town an hour before I needed to report at the hospital. I decided we had enough time to do our Walmart run. The list was short, the store empty and I had great help. I love Walmart at 5:30 in the morning, go early, leave happy! So with that item off our list, I reported for surgery at 6:30.
This time I was back at the hospital where my original red flag mammograms were done. It is the preferred facility for my plastic surgeon. I even had my favorite breast cancer survivor nurse to do my IV. She is 3 years post diagnosis and doing well. My regular nurse looked at my veins and said, I'm not touching you, you have little veins. I had warned her to avoid my hands. Every time they start IVs they want to start with my hands and they always have to restart and it's a pain. So this time, i just told them, they were off limits. They went higher and got it the first time and we were all happy. The anesthesia doc was a real character and Dr. N was in fine form as well. I was in surgery by 7:30 and started coming to about 10:30. This hospital even provides their patients with massages. That was nice. I was home about 2:30. I've had some pain, but only did 2 small pain doses yesterday and just regular Tylenol today. It just getting over the anesthesia feeling, so I'm sleepy and take naps willingly! The kids say I'm doing much better than when I came home after my first surgery.
Because of the nipple reconstruction, I'm wearing nipple protectors for the next six weeks, you know, the kind we tried when we were nursing our kids. They are a challenge to get on with the surgical bra and they fill with drainage which can be a mess if I'm not careful. Hopefully the drainage will stop in a couple of days. Dr. N did revise my incisions some, but those I leave alone with steri strips until I see her in two weeks. Anyway,I know that it will look a lot better in 6 weeks than it did this morning!
The house is quiet as DH and Cat Lover went on a business trip once I got home. We played a game last night and I helped Inventor with school. We also had a great teen discussion last night. It's such a joy to listen to their hearts! Today, it's cloudy and rainy, the perfect day to snuggle up with a blanket, a book and cat.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers! I appreciate you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So happy you are home, safe and sound, and that everything went so smoothly. Will continue praying for your healing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!