Thanks for stopping by my blog. If my story or any information on this website is beneficial to you or someone you love. Praise the Lord!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cancer Break

Well I'm enjoying my freedom for a few weeks and looking forward to our trip south. We spent part of this week with Grandparents and extended family a few hours away. When we returned, it seemed spring decided to show up early. Even our resident moose greeted us. Last evening Cat Lover stood on the garage roof and howled up a wolf pack. Yes, it seems they liked his deepening voice. We could distinctly hear their different voices answer his call from somewhere in our valley.

I was reminded to be careful this week as I managed to pull a muscle lying on my side reading a book. How's that for hurtingnyourself while doing nothing? It felt like one of my incisions totally burst open. We won't do that again for awhile. Scar tissue is now my medical issue, that pesky lymph node biopsy site needs to be stretched and massaged daily. It feels like the tissue is in knots. My cousin, who is a hand therapist, told me that scar tissue takes 2 years to mature. If I want those knots to go away, I'll be stretching and massaging for a long time. While one incision is in knots, the others are doing well. After a surgery like this, the tissue is very traumatized and swells, it is also very firm and not the soft natural feel you'd expect from breast tissue. Dr. N. told me the tissue would eventually soften and its finally starting to happen.

I also tried to schedule an appointment to see a physician regarding natural cancer therapies and followup. He called me back today and gave me the info I needed on the phone. Praise the Lord for Christian physicians who still consider themselves medical missionaries. We deeply appreciate his kindness.

Yes, I'm using this quiet time to further research my natural remedy options. If I was dealing with just the breast cancer it would be easier, but this is becoming a puzzle given my family history and a couple of other nagging issues. I pray for wisdom to identify the best course for me to pursue. That's the challenge of medical issues, you often can not see the full view of what needs to be addressed. But praise God, He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment